Shelter in Place Day 74
I bought a box of postcards about three years ago and I think I’m going to begin sending them out. If you’re interested in receiving one from me, pm me your address and I’ll get one sent to you.
They are from a company called Obvious State – https://obviousstate.com I’d like to give a few of my favorite quotes. A lot of them make you think. Also, the artwork is so beautiful, in tune with the words listed. I’ve posted twelve of my favorite, and I will post the other twelve that I love. And there are still about thirty others that I haven’t included.
1. “The life so short, the craft so long to learn.” — Geoffrey Chaucer
2. “What other dungeon is so dark as one’s own heart?” — Nathaniel Hawthorne
3. “There is no denying the wild horse in us.” — Virginia Woolf
4. “They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. “The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.” — William Shakespeare
6. “I am half agony, half hope.” — Jane Austen
7. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “Is it in these bottomless nights that you sleep in exile?” — Arthur Rimbaud
9. “Solitude sometimes is best society.” — John Milton
10. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” — Emily Bronte
11. “An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.” — Oscar Wilde
12. “Life is easy to chronicle, but bewildering to practice.” — E. M. Forster
Would you like a postcard?