Shelter in Place Day 79Wow, guys, it’s actually June, though I’m sure it all feels like the 79th of March. I’m posting the other twelve favorite quotes from this stack of postcards.
If you’d like me to send you a postcard, just PM or email me your name and address. I say what I can and hope the awesome picture and words bring some light to your day. Here we go.
1. “Nothing makes a man so adventurous as an empty pocket.” — Victor Hugo
2. “My soul has grown deep like the rivers.” — Langston Hughes
3. “Once you learn to read you will be forever free.” — Frederick Douglass
4. “It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.” — Lewis Carroll
5. “Do I dare disturb the universe?” — T. S. Eliot
6. “It is the stillest words that bring on the storm.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
7. “All truths wait in all things.” — Walt Whitman
8. “I shall use my time.” — Jack London
9. “One always begins to forgive a place as soon as it’s left behind.” — Charles Dickens
10. “Have you heard the earth breathe?” — Kate Chopin
11. “Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.” — Henry David Thoreau
12. “Only by sacrificing everything to pleasure… may one succeed in sowing a few roses on the thorns of life.” — Marquis De Sade
Would you like a postcard?